Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Hi dnprossi,

Absolutely Outstanding!!! Thank you!

Great, we just need some more folks to confirm it works for them.

I'm already writing a release candidate for general testing. Hope I'm not ahead of myself.

Edit: Yes dnprossi, your test35-lshal looks the same as rebecca2525's. So the new excludes in the name parser are working! Apparently HAL/DeviceKit and/or hal-setup-wacom do already tell us when there is no active sub-device!
    Last edited by Favux; November 23rd, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

Beans

Hi Favux,

The new fdi seems to be working fine for me too (that's the 0xd1). No cursor and only one pad in wacomcpl, and xsetwacom list producing this:

Code:
    stylus           stylus
    touch            touch
    pad              pad
    eraser           eraser
    lshal output attached.

I'm assuming that touch shouldn't have any options in wacomcpl - just stylus and eraser?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Thanks marek_online,

Great, it looks like we may have it. An E2 just confirmed it worked for him too, whereas the original 0.8.5-4 .fdi didn't.

In wacomcpl there should be an option to calibrate touch. And there should be options to configure pad. If they're not there then the code probably isn't hooked up yet. Or wacomcpl needs new code to support the P & T's, I'm not sure which.

Beans

Yes, confirmed for the d3:
    Code:
    $ xsetwacom list
    touch     touch
    stylus     stylus
    eraser     eraser
    pad     pad
    EDIT: Great, I can configure the tablet buttons now! For some reason, my buttons from top to bottom are Button2, Button3, Button4, Button5.
    Last edited by rebecca2525; November 23rd, 2009 at 09:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi rebecca2525,

Good!

For some reason, my buttons from top to button are Button2, Button3, Button4, Button5.
    Weird.

OK, I have the release candidate done but I'm going to hold off. I think I ran into the E3 a few days ago and neither of us realized it. And that's why we couldn't set him up. If I'm right the configuration is a little strange but the new .fdi should work for it too. I'll see if he is still around and wants to do a little more experimenting.

Beans

Hi all,

Well I kinda went down a rabbit hole and cleaned up so much that I'm not sure what to do

This type of change usually won't get accepted by the main stream development, but I figured I post it here if any one wants to take a look.

I've attached the prepatched tree.

Basically the Makefiles have been reworked and the kernel module now supports 2.6.x in a single set of sources (no more multi-versions of the kernel source). Also, I've gotten all modules and tools to build without warnings (at least on Karmic ).

I'm using it on my machine even though there are still issues with single click touch I'm trying to still fix (when doing a fast touch the cursor flies to the bottom left of the screen). It does fix a few things:

1. Touch device scales correctly even if X server is already running when tablet is connected.
    2. xsetwacom returning touch type for pad. This was actually a comparison problem in wacomcfg.c since touch was checked before pad in the device name and the bamboo tables have Touch in their name.
    3. The 10-linuxwacom.fdi should support all tablets without having to rewrite the info.product keys. So the device product names now show up as reported by the kernel, like it's supposed to work.

Good luck, and hopefully someone finds this useful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanx for all! i'm Chinese, in Ubuntu 9.10 with BAMBOO CTH-461;
    linuxwacom-0.8.5-4-bamboo-34.tar.bz2 is work!
    but ... :
    $ wacomcpl
    wacomcpl: using TCLLIBPATH="[list /usr/local/lib ]"
    Error in startup script: xsetwacom: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-xlib.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    while executing
    "exec xsetwacom list"
    (procedure "createDeviceList" line 4)
    invoked from within
    "createDeviceList "
    (procedure "createControls" line 8)
    invoked from within
    "createControls"
    (file "/usr/local/bin/wacomcpl-exec" line 1953)

$ xsetwacom --help
    xsetwacom: error while loading shared libraries: libxcb-xlib.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    $ whereis xsetwacom
    xsetwacom: /usr/bin/xsetwacom /usr/local/bin/xsetwacom /usr/share/man/man1/xsetwacom.1.gz
    $ lsusbroll up
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 056a:00d2 Wacom Co., Ltd
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so what happen?
    now, usage linuxwacom-0.8.5-4-bamboo-34.tar.bz2 included files:
    - /lib/udev/rules.d/40-xserver-xorg-input-wacom.rule
    - /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-linuxwacom.fdi
    my stylus move and click is OK, BUT not buttom support;
    my touch pad move is bad; 4 buttom is none/right click/roll up/roll down;
    Mnnn ...
    that is sooo blame;
    waht can i do?

Beans

Hi ob1kenobi,

just testing your latest patch with its fdi.

What I've noticed about starting X and plugging in the tablet:

Start X while tablet is plugged in:
    Stylus and eraser are fine, touch is fine (although a bit jittery as with other patches). Touch scale is wrong (only about 3/4 of the width and 3/4 of the heighth of the tablet are used). No accidental left-clicks when putting down the finger to move the cursor so far.

Start X while tablet is plugged in, then unplug/replug tablet:

Stylus and eraser still fine, touch still as above (including the scale). But: tapping on the tablet for left-clicking moves the cursor to the lower right corner in relative mode and causes smaller cursor jumps in abslute mode.

Start X without tablet plugged in, then plug it in

No touch.

Code:
    xsetwacom list
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen_eraser     eraser
    Wacom_Bamboo_6x8_Pen     stylus

I'm also getting closer to reproducing the X hangs (which I still have): It involves tapping on the tablet on the root window to open the menu of the window manager, then moving the cursor away with the menu still open and pressing the bottommost tablet button. This doesn't hang X every time, but quite often. Don't know if I can make it 100% reproducable.

Oh, and on Debian, I didn't get any compile warnings either. I'm wondering if I can drop my hack to place some links in the kernel header directory now...

Beans

Hi Ob1kenobi,

For me, the new patch is an improvement on the old not just in terms of warnings at build time, but in touch use. There is still jitter there as rebecca2525 points out, particularly during slower and smaller movements, but it seems reduced for me - either way I'm finding using the touch to navigate and press buttons a little easier. Took me a little while to get used to dragging too, but I think I've got it now.

As for hotplugging - not so much success. I use touch in relative mode, and after replugging in a tap sends the pointer to the left-most edge of my screen, where it stays. The pen seems fine. This behaviour should be pretty much the last thing in the logs attached.

Thanks for this. Must try it with Favux's generic fdi now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    Hi Ob1kenobi,

For me, the new patch is an improvement on the old not just in terms of warnings at build time, but in touch use. There is still jitter there as rebecca2525 points out, particularly during slower and smaller movements, but it seems reduced for me - either way I'm finding using the touch to navigate and press buttons a little easier. Took me a little while to get used to dragging too, but I think I've got it now.

As for hotplugging - not so much success. I use touch in relative mode, and after replugging in a tap sends the pointer to the left-most edge of my screen, where it stays. The pen seems fine. This behaviour should be pretty much the last thing in the logs attached.

Thanks for this. Must try it with Favux's generic fdi now.
    Thanks for testing marek. From your logs it looks like you are still using 34's kernel module. Can you make sure that you are using 35's?

Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast