Thread: RPG for Kubuntu

Beans

Question RPG for Kubuntu

I am new to kubuntu so please bear with me. My faviourite rpg games are Wizardry 8 and stonekeep, I am looking for the same style of game to play on my new system can anyone help.
    Last edited by remika; July 12th, 2008 at 12:05 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: RPG for Kubuntu

Hmmm... ala Wiz8? http://jcrpg.blogspot.com/ may be of interest to you, perhaps.

Beans

Thanks really do love wiz8. Will have a look.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Wiz8 is a classic game, methinks! I'm not sure if the JCRPG project is fully playable yet, but it's certainly coming along nicely.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Sslaxx View Post
    Wiz8 is a classic game, methinks! I'm not sure if the JCRPG project is fully playable yet, but it's certainly coming along nicely.
    Yeah, not fully playable, but combat / item system is rounding up well for cool turn based multi-character parties. Still the project is looking for 3D contributions - especially mythic monsters. If animated the better! Visit the blog/forum and see what's going on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Question Re: RPG for Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by timong View Post
    Yeah, not fully playable, but combat / item system is rounding up well for cool turn based multi-character parties. Still the project is looking for 3D contributions - especially mythic monsters. If animated the better! Visit the blog/forum and see what's going on.
    I hadn't been aware we had the developer hereabouts!

Hmmmm... my 3D skills range from "struggles to texture a cube" to non-existent, alas. I might be interested to contribute other things though...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hmmm... ala Wiz8? http://jcrpg.blogspot.com/ may be of interest to you, perhaps.
    My goodness. Now here is a Project I have really got to keep my eye on. It's been so long since I've played Wizardry, But this project looks pretty good. Would like to see what the game is like when fully playable. thanks for the info...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I hadn't been aware we had the developer hereabouts!

Hmmmm... my 3D skills range from "struggles to texture a cube" to non-existent, alas. I might be interested to contribute other things though...
    Yes, I'm around - using ubuntu on two of my PCs. I even added a topic here previously about the game.

Well, later we'll need 2d artwork for different item pictures too, currently also in need of 2d character portraits and such. So not only 3d by 2d too. And also if someone is wishing to create sounds for spells, weapon attack sounds and such it's also appreciated. Come to the forum of jcrpg at freegamedev.net and you can read about needed things in length! http://forum.freegamedev.net/index.php?t=i&cat=9

Here's the latest post with a demo video: http://jcrpg.blogspot.com/2008/07/qu...clecombat.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Krow View Post
    My goodness. Now here is a Project I have really got to keep my eye on. It's been so long since I've played Wizardry, But this project looks pretty good. Would like to see what the game is like when fully playable. thanks for the info...
    Well, the next release which will be out will surely contain possibility for some combat to check how it's gonna be like. Well, it's all still in work but the combat part is rounding up pretty much well nowadays. Combat skills/spells, artifacts, potions, enchanted armors - we already have 'prototypes' of these things working