Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realtek ALC272 sound card does not work,help

Beans

Re: Realtek ALC272 sound card does not work,help

I don;t think bluetooth is working but I've never setup bluetooth in Linux so it might be and I just don't realise it.

I'm fairly sure the g-shock thing is Windows only since it seems to rely on a toshiba driver to make it work.

I replaced the harddisk with an SSD a couple of days ago so I've sidestepped that issue ( and extended the battery life a little bit).

I also found getting the latest stable xorg helped with video performance. I was getting tearing on most video before but since the upgrade it's completely gone.

This stuff probably deserves a dedicated Dynabook UX/NB200/NB205 setup thread.

I found an fdi script which improved the mouse response as well.

Just got in from work and going to get some sleep but when I get up I'll kick off a proper setup thread unless someone beats me to it.

Beans

Just in case - Alsa 1.0.18rc3(default in Jaunty) and 1.0.20 works perfectly out-of-the box with ALC272 on Acer AspireOne 751h.

Beans

Hi Divan0,

Could you please check what model is used in your /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base file and post it here? It should be like 'options snd-hda-intel model=YOUR_MODEL'. Thx

Beans

I'm happy to share that I finally have both the speakers and headphones working on my Toshiba NB200 (NB205) netbook. YAY!! (I'm using Karmic 2.6.31)

There is a new patched kernel that's available to be tested for Karmic and Jaunty that you can download and install as a deb.

Check the bottom of this page for the debs to test that were released on August 22
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/389040

I'm listening to music through the speaker right now, and although it's small, it is nice to have!

Some things I also did was add

options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba
    (also using model=ALC272 seems to work)

to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf

and then restart ALSA with
    $ sudo alsa force-reload
    $ sudo /etc/init.d/alsa-utils restart

Also on this Karmic version of Ubuntu Netbook remix I installed gnome-media and ran gnome-volume-control-applet

I don't think the mic is working yet.
    I also ran alsamixer to set all the sliders to max and changed the capture input source to front mic to try to get the mic working.

I can see mic levels when I use (but no playback)
    options snd-hda-intel model=auto
    changed input to microphone 2

also ran alsamixer to set all the sliders to max and changed the capture input source to front mic to try to get the mic working, and it appears to sense the internal microphone sound levels.
    Last edited by dimeotane; August 24th, 2009 at 06:29 AM.
    Are You the Ubuntu Guru?
    "By perfect good fortune, one meets the True Guru, when one's destiny is awakened.”
    ~ Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Realtek ALC272 sound card does not work,help

I have an eMachines E627 running Jaunty. I've been running for about two weeks, and yesterday the Ubuntu gods decided to punish me with no sound. I don't know what I did to displease them - I didn't change anything to my configuration that I can remember. I have been using Rubyripper for the last several days, but no changes to my setup.

I used alsamixer to get some sound out of the headphones, but there is now significant white noise at low volumes! No sound through the internal speakers.

After installing the deb package and restarting ALSA, it works like a charm... excellent work! Thanks!
    Last edited by tenfishsticks; December 24th, 2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Fixed problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12