Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Verizon Wireless USB760

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Verizon Wireless USB760

For those of you with a problem where the USB760 ejects allows connect for 50 seconds then shuts down and goes to yellow led.
    I had the same problem and went through some troubleshooting.
    I finally changed from a ATI USB controller based MB to an Intel USB based MB and USB760 started playing with no problem. Same HDD and 8.10 install only changed MB. See my thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1275352 if you absolutely, positively need a remarkably ugly way to make this modem play with your system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
    Last edited by postalphil; October 3rd, 2009 at 12:52 AM.

Beans

I have success using this variation on the options. I have posted the step through at this link: www.tenxfactor.com

Beans

Turns out, the thing works without file modification in Karmic. Just plugged the USB760 in and ran the wireless mobile settings.
    Last edited by stuckbit; October 29th, 2009 at 12:09 PM.

Beans

Does this fix work in 9.10?

Beans

I am running version 9.10 (the x386 binary). Having followed the instructions, and activating the account (on a mac), I can use this device fine. THANKS! A minor problem is "Novatel MMC Storage" comes up in the Computer view (though I don't see it mounted) and stays there. It won't eject but the wireless functions don't seem to care, as far as I can tell. I simply yank the USB device after I have disconnected it from the network.

Beans

Thanks! Your solution worked great! Even on Windows7 the USB760 modem from Novatel is a moody piece of equipment; I found the solution for that was keep the software on a separate flash drive, and installing VZ Access Manager before attempting to install the modem.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PlantMan2 View Post
    For those of you with a problem where the USB760 ejects allows connect for 50 seconds then shuts down and goes to yellow led.
    I had the same problem and went through some troubleshooting.
    I finally changed from a ATI USB controller based MB to an Intel USB based MB and USB760 started playing with no problem. Same HDD and 8.10 install only changed MB. See my thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1275352 if you absolutely, positively need a remarkably ugly way to make this modem play with your system.
    Heh that is pretty ugly... for those of us who cant replace hardware (laptop, work, etc) I've found a fix for the orange light/60 second problem

on the 70-persistent-cd.rules file instead of just
    RUN+="/usr/bin/eject %k"
    add
    , RUN+="/usr/bin/eject %k", OPTIONS="ignore_remove", OPTIONS+="last_rule"

so the full lines will read something like
    ENV{ID_CDROM}=="?*", ENV{ID_SERIAL}=="Novatel_Mass_Storage_xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx-0:0", SYMLINK+="cdrom1", ENV{GENERATED}="1", RUN+="/usr/bin/eject %k", OPTIONS="ignore_remove", OPTIONS+="last_rule"

You'll need to add this to each line that mentions Novatel and I had a few of them get added each time I pulled/inserted the card. Now it works as you'd expect- I can plug and play with gnome-ppp (you may be able to use networkmanager) and I can pull the card anytime and re-insert it if needed.

Hope this helps someone!

-Tom

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Verizon Wireless USB760

will this work for a bb curve 8330 tetherd.(ubuntu 9.04)

Beans

It took me about a half day total time to follow through this thread and get things working. I started doing what the beginning of this thread said. Then i followed the link that sprawlgeek posted. Once i used the usb modeswitch everything started working. I am using ubuntu 9.10 and my usb760. once i installed usb modeswitch the network applet allowed me to start new mobile broadband connection. Good luck I hope this doesn't cause any confusion. I do have to run usb_modeswitch to initialize the modem.
    Last edited by simpleman1; January 11th, 2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: correction

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast