Code:
    lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
              inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
              inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
              UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
              RX packets:18 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:18 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
              RX bytes:1104 (1.1 KB)  TX bytes:1104 (1.1 KB)

pan0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr fa:f0:b5:c1:b8:f6  
              inet6 addr: fe80::f8f0:b5ff:fec1:b8f6/64 Scope:Link
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:6 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
              RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:468 (468.0 B)
    #iwlist scanning... Interface doesn't support scanning!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wireless Dongle! (So close)

Do you have the .inf and .sys (XP) files for your modem ? If not, you have two choices:

1) Contact Zoom and get them to send you the two files, explaining that you are trying to install their USB modem in Linux via ndiswrapper and need the two files. Install via the ndisgtk method mentioned earlier.

2) Download the drivers and get someone who has Windows to extract the files from the .exe file for you. You'll end up with a directory called Zoom4410B_Setup. Within this directory you want to go to /Driver/Ndis6 and try to copy and install the WlanUZGVxx.inf file where xx is either the 32 or 64 bit version. Install it via the ndisgtk method mentioned earlier. If this does not work you may need to try the drivers in the /Driver/Ndis5x directory. Unfortunately I am unable to try this out as I don't have a Zoom modem.

There seems to be quite a few posts on the web regarding problems with this USB modem.

Good Luck.
    Intel E5700 G41 8Gb Xubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.4, WinXP.
    Revo R3610 Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 13.04

Absolute Beginners Compiz-fusion wiki Local Weather

Beans

I have installed the 32bit at the moment and it says that the hardware is present... If you seem to think the rest if fine then maybe I should try connecting to a network... Which I also lack the ability LOL...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

To connect to a wireless network right-click on the icon that looks like two monitors in the top right-hand corner of your desktop. Check that both 'Enable Networking' and 'Enable wireless' are ticked. Now left-click on that icon and you should be able to see any available wireless networks and select one. You may be asked for a password key - enter this making sure you use the correct case for the entered characters. If your password is successful the two monitor icon will change to two dots with an arrow circling around it and then eventually this will turn into four signal strength bars. You now have a connection to the web....
    Intel E5700 G41 8Gb Xubuntu 13.10, Ubuntu 13.4, WinXP.
    Revo R3610 Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 13.04

Absolute Beginners Compiz-fusion wiki Local Weather

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbert View Post
    To connect to a wireless network right-click on the icon that looks like two monitors in the top right-hand corner of your desktop. Check that both 'Enable Networking' and 'Enable wireless' are ticked. Now left-click on that icon and you should be able to see any available wireless networks and select one. You may be asked for a password key - enter this making sure you use the correct case for the entered characters. If your password is successful the two monitor icon will change to two dots with an arrow circling around it and then eventually this will turn into four signal strength bars. You now have a connection to the web....
    Thanks that has really helped EXEPT.. I do not have the wireless check box... just the networking one

Beans

Thanks a lot.... You telling my how to do that...

I went back into the easy install for drivers and installed two others which I had in the folder. One said invalid but the other also said that It worked, i right clicked on the thing again and WIRELESS WAS THERE! I CONNECTED TO OUR NETWORK ASAP... THANKS...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12