Thread: Firefox freezes entire system 9.10

Beans
    Hidden!

Firefox freezes entire system 9.10

I've got an odd problem and was wondering if anyone had any insight. I'm on Ubuntu 9.10 on a Gateway E-100M and everything works great except for firefox. My machine will hard freeze about once a day when using firefox. The whole OS -- no mouse movement, no keyboard response, etc.

I've switched to Chrome for weeks and I get no issues at all. I switched back to firefox and it hard froze within the first hour or so. I know it's unusual that an individual program would freeze the whole OS rather than just crash, but it seems to be a fairly consistent pattern.

Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox freezes entire system 9.10

Firefox runs slowly on my karmic laptop, and takes especially forever to load. I use Chrome for most everything now.

It might be one specific thing that happens every time, so open a terminal, just type "firefox" and then once Firefox freezes, copy and paste everything in the terminal into this thread, and it might give us an insight.
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Firefox freezes entire system 9.10

Try Solution [FOT010] from the Troubleshooting section of the Firefox optimization and troubleshooting thread. There are also several tips there to improve Firefox performance.

Performing database optimization should also help.