Thread: arabic letter wrong render in flash player

Beans

arabic letter wrong render in flash player

hi
    i hope you help me solve this problem cos it faces all arab users how use ubuntu
    first I would like to say that Arabic letters not like English letters its should be attached to each other to be understandable not separated like English letters and its didn't seems this way in flash
    like videos in utube if video tagged in arabic letters it appears separated letters which mean nothing in Arabic and some websites and also inside programs like google earth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: arabic letter wrong render in flash player

I don't think this has anything to do with Flash itself but with the font that was used...
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Beans

How to change font used by flash
    Last edited by el3ntel; December 22nd, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Beans

Got the same problem here not only with videos but also with sites that display flash based content, any ideas how to manage this???

Beans

Hi, I have the same problem. I am trying to learn arabic on livemocha.com. When showing the lessons, it displays the characters, but it displays them in a left-to-right order. I have tried about every font there is, rendering in firefox is perfect. Just Flash that is not working (which is central for this site).

Beans

I'm having the same problem i use arabic mainly and hate to see all arabic words written wrongly .... and waiting for a solution and i searched the whole internet websites for a solution and couldn't found one unfortunately need help toooo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I think it is unrecoverable bug in Ubuntu!
    Best Regards,
    Said Bakr
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+, Shuttle AK31 V3.1, 1.25 GB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon 9550 with 128 MB DDR and Viewsonic VA1912w wide screen with 1440 X 900 resoultion.