Hey guys!
I am here again with the infamous (and probably unfixable) ambient sensor on asus laptops bug.
After a recent upgrade (probably, I am not sure if this is the reason) my Ubuntu Karmic presented two surprises to me:

1. Had netbook launcher on my desktop and could not be removed so I had to uninstall it.
2. Ambient sensor, which I spend so much time turning off with scripts and workarounds, mentioned here on forums, again was enabled.

I mentioned netbook launcher simply because it might help someone to debug the problem.

Redoing the known workarounds this time does not help. Although the /etc/sysfs.conf file is edited correctly and I checked the path to the file (devices/platform/asus_laptop/ls_switch=0), the ambient sensor is still enabled after reboot. Once more Ubuntu is barely usable.

It might also be useful to note that although I am absolutely positive that I inserted such a path right after upgrade to Karmic, after my recent problematic reboot the path was changed to devices/platform/asus-laptop/ls_switch=0

Note that in Ubuntu 9.04 it was asus-laptop, in Karmic it is asus_laptop, which caused quite some time to figure out, so I remember very well that I inserted it correctly. Somehow now it seemed to be written in an old manner, I dunno why.

Would welcome any help, I really need laptop for work and atm it is barely usable. Only to listen music, really )