It seems that this particular wireless card is not supported (the 002c) I got a D1130 Avaretec and put ubuntu 9.10 on there.

01:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. Device [168c:002c] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Device [1a3b:1112]
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10
Region 0: Memory at fe9f0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]

After much googling, i only found things for 168c:001c

maybe 002c is a new revision? i dont know how those id's work persay

I tried the ath5k driver, and the hardware is not found by the driver, lshw shows UNASSIGNED or whatever it says. (UN-something).

same thing with the madwifi driver, and the madwifi driver compiled from trunk.

I also tried the ndiswrapper route, and loaded the driver for xp from their website (which is the ar5211 driver)(from here http://www.trigem.com/us/support/dri...product_seq=84), and the same thing, the hardware is not detected to be initiated.

the modules would simply load without errors, but also without finding the hardware.

Out of curiousity i peaked in /etc/ndiswrapper/net5211 and noticed that there were many conf files for many versions and id's except for :002c. So for a shot in the dark i copied a similar conf file to 168C:002C:1112:1A3B.5.conf
modprobe'd ndiswrapper, and ndiswrapper tried to load the device, but failed with an error. Unfortunatly i dont have the exact error at this very moment on hand. But it was 1 step closer.

I would much rather get madwifi or ath5k driver working over ndiswrapper, but if i must settle for ndiswrapper, then ok.

If anyone can provide any help on getting this to work, please send me a line, ive been beating my head on the door all day now, and have a very short deadline.