Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi not connecting after 10.04 upgrade...

Beans

Wifi not connecting after 10.04 upgrade...

I updated successfully to 10.04 via wireless, then I download a bass synthesizer via wireless. The next day, today that is, can't get wireless to work. It keeps prompting me for the passphrase, I enter everything correctly, all the other computers in the house have no problem. What happened?

Beans

Re: Wifi not connecting after 10.04 upgrade...

I'm having the same problem. I have an ASUS Eee 1000HE, installed Ubuntu NR 10.04, dual booting into Windows7.

I logon to Ubuntu, it searches and connects to WiFi, sits for a few minutes (wifi icon doing it's back and forth thing), and then prompts me for my wifi password. I enter it (correctly), it sits again for a few minutes, and then prompts me again. I tried this both with my wireless router and my cellphone (via wifi tether). Same results.

I boot up into Windows7, and no problems. I can get on the network.

Is there something I'm missing in the configuration? I'm a linux noob.

Beans

Hey Guys, I am also on the same boat. Exact Problem description.

I have had the same query in a different Forum where some one else is also having the same issue. If you have found any solution please post the same.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1476551

Just watch this thread too. Just in case some one posts some response.

I am not sure if the Ubuntu admins are aware of the issue. I do not know the process of informing the admins about this issue. Not seen any threads where it has been acknowledged. Hope some one is aware of this and working on this.

Kind of little frustrating as i am unable to get into to the Net on Ubuntu now. System kinda becoming useless.

Beans

I got the same problem after update from 9.10 netbook remix to 10.04.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I too am facing similar issue. When I give the key, it just does not accept it and asks again. I have 9.10 and 10.04 installed on the same system. When I restart the system and again try to connect sometimes the wireless connects. It disconnects randomly. When I am in 9.10 there is no issue in connecting to the wireless.
    my wireless adapter is intel pro/wireless 3945ABG which is supported by Ubuntu.

Beans

I got the same problem after update from 9.10 to 10.04, Gateway 450SX4 laptop. Worked great before.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unhappy Re: Wifi not connecting after 10.04 upgrade...

I'm having the same problem with my wireless connection. I hope someone comes up with a solution soon as it appears quite a few are having the same or similar situation.

Beans

I've been having this problem since the very first time I ever tried Ubuntu. I can see the networks but can't connect to any of them, but it works fine in Windows

Beans

Re: Wifi disconects randomly

I have lucid installed. It connects perfectly but whenever I'm trying to stream a movie on the internet gets disconected. I had the same problem with the Totem Player, whenever I played a movie on it my wifi got disconected but if i use vlc or mplayer the wifi works correctly. Any thoughts?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My card is RTL8187SE. There are a few threads open to deal with this. I thought it was just this card though. Search for RTL8187SE. I broke the girl friends msi u100. Now she has to walk across the room to use the other computer. Im in the doghouse till i get this fixed..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast